Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ah, yes... the first post...

I should be working on my senior honors thesis right now, but, as usual, I got distracted and somehow decided to start a blog. I haven't done this in a couple of years, so this page will either end up dying from lack of use because I'm so out of practice, or it will grow and flourish because I've missed blogging so much.

I've been thinking about starting a blog for maybe a month now, just to see check my progress in personal project of mine as well as to share my methods and results (as any good scientist should) with anyone curious enough to google me up. But first, let me give you some background information...

I am an Indian college student, I've been dating a white guy for 2.5 years and my parents still don't know about him. And I'm sick of lying. My goal was to tell them at the end of 2008, but I chickened out. Then my goal was to tell them by the end of January, but I chickened out then. And now my goal is to blurt it out whenever the opportune moment comes, but... chances are I'll probably chicken out again. I'm hoping that, by keeping a blog solely for the purpose of marking my progress, I can remind myself of my failures enough to where I'll make myself do it. And maybe some people will start reading it and hold me accountable... That would be great. Peer pressure really gets me going.

I plan on writing more about myself, my relationship with my boy and my relationship with my parents in upcoming posts, but for now I really need to finish this last section of my thesis so I can send it to my advisors and wash my hands of it!!

I want to keep this anonymous so I can be as open as possible with this blog. I need this as a confessional more than anything, and censoring out of fear would defeat the point.

3 comments:

  1. White man plays a vital healing role in every loving relationship. That is a fact of life sex is not always the only thing that occupies a white man’s mind. Black women dating white men is a specialized site for singles looking for interracial relationship. Join here and meet the singles of all races.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RichMatchMaking is the best and largest online personals site dedicated to men and women seeking a Millionaire Match Online and Online Dating experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black white singles here!

    The Best interracial dating site for Black Women Looking For White Men. Love is color blind! Don’t never give up!

    So nice Interracial Dating Site

    ReplyDelete